- Arrive at the airport 3 hours before departure.
- If you have checked baggage, please deliver it to our team at the check-in counter within the check-in deadline.
- Check-in and bag drop close 60 minutes before departure.
- Be sure to check in on time!
You don’t want to miss your flight, so get to the airport and gate on time.
- Make sure you are aware of your free checked baggage allowance. Any items over your allowance will be charged as excess baggage.
- Don’t pack any valuables in your checked-in baggage.
- Label your bags correctly with your name and address and remove tags and labels left over from previous flights.
- Make sure you know your hand baggage allowance and the latest restrictions on carriage of certain items in your hand baggage.
- Make sure you take medication, important documents, valuable items and cash in your hand baggage.
- Before checking-in please make sure you declare, if you are carrying any arms or explosive substances.
- Battery cells in any electrical / electronic items are permissible now & will now not be removed at the security point. Loose battery cells / dry cells carried in the hand baggage are liable to be removed. Please carry such items in checked baggage only.
You can read specific details pertaining to the type of baggage below
Please ensure that your hand baggage in the cabin does not exceed the dimensions of 55cm (22 inches) * 40cm (16 inches) * 20 cm (8 inches) and a total weight of 7 kgs.If you are traveling with children, they are entitled to the same cabin baggage allowance as adults. This, however, is not applicable in case of infants. Should you be carrying a carrycot, or a fully collapsible pushchairs/stroller, you can carry them as checked-in baggage.An odd sized cabin baggage not conforming to the specified dimension will not be allowed in the cabin. Such baggage will be removed and will be loaded in the hold as per rules.In addition to one piece of cabin baggage or package, you may also be permitted to carry on of the following personal items, subject to security regulations:
- A lady’s handbag.
- An overcoat or wrap.
- A rug or a blanket.
- A camera or binoculars.
- Reasonable amount of reading material for the flight.
- Infant’s feed for consumption during the flight and infant’s carrying basket, feeding bottle, if an infant is carried.
- A Walking stick.
- An umbrella (Folding type).
- Medicines required during Flight like Asthma inhaler etc.
- A laptop and its case.
If you are carrying baggage that exceeds the size and the specifications of the cabin baggage, you must carry it as Checked-in baggage.Following are the allowances for free baggage as per the cabin class:
- Business Class: 40 Kgs.
- Economy Class: 30 Kgs.
- The maximum weight permissible for a single piece of baggage is 30 kg.
Should your baggage exceed the limitations of the Free Baggage Allowance, an excess baggage charge has to be paid.
The excess baggage will be charged per additional kilo per passenger, across all cabin classes.
Your security is our priority. Keeping this in mind, there are certain items that are not allowed in cabin baggage or in person, such as, liquids, gels, or aerosols exceeding 100ml (this includes beverages, shampoos, sun tan lotions, creams, toothpaste, hair gels, hair sprays, liquid cosmetics or any other items of similar consistency).
Exceptions to this include: medicines, inhalers accompanied by prescriptions and baby food.
These items will be carried in one clear transparent re-sealable, one litre size plastic bag and will be subjected to the prescribed screening and security checks.
Please ensure all your cabin baggage is stored in the overhead cabin lockers, or stored under the seat in front of you. Occasionally we may not have space to stow all hand baggage safely and as a result you may be asked to check in some or all of your hand baggage at the boarding gate.
For a comfortable journey, we suggest that most items are placed in your checked-in baggage. Items of value /importance, those required by you on-board the aircraft or required in connection with the journey should be carried in your hand baggage or on your person.
As per the provisions of the Aircraft (Carriage of Dangerous Goods) Rule 2003, a bona fide passenger can carry one licensed revolver, pistol or shotgun and fifty cartridges in registered baggage after declaring them at check-in counter and meeting all of the safety and security requirements.If you are carrying arms and ammunition, you will need to fill out a declaration form at the check-in counter which will then be verified by the Airport Manager.
A handling charge will be levied for the carriage of firearms and/or ammunition and must meet the following conditions:
- Serving personnel from Defence forces, Para military forces and Police if travelling on duty and carrying an official movement order that authorizes the carriage of weapon and/or ammunition for official purposes.
- Sportsmen travelling for a competition or representing the country providing they fulfil the following conditions:
- Identification document for the sportsman. Evidence of identity can be established by a photo identity card issued by a government agency or the sponsoring club.
- Valid licence/authorization of firearms and ammunition.
- Bonafide for carriage of arms and ammunition on the basis of a written document issued by the President or Secretary of the sports club sponsoring him/her for the shooting event.
- For further details pertaining to this matter please contact our office in advance.
Certain items are not permitted to be carried on person/ in cabin baggage or checked in baggage while travelling on board our flights. The list given below is not exhaustive and prevailing rules will apply:
- Personal Items.
- Lighters, scissors-metal with pointed tips, realistic replica of toy weapons.
- Sharp Objects.
- Box Cutters, Ice Axes/Ice Picks, Knives (any length and type except round-bladed, butter, and plastic cutlery), Meat Cleavers, Razor-type blades such as box cutters, utility knives, razor blades not in a cartridge, but excluding safety razors, Sabres, Sword.
- Sporting Goods.
- Baseball Bats, Bows and Arrows, Cricket Bats, Golf Clubs, Hockey Sticks, Lacrosse Sticks, Pool Cues, Ski Poles, Spear Guns.
- Guns and Firearm.
- Ammunition, BB guns, Compressed Air Guns, Firearms, Parts of Guns and Firearms, Pellet Guns, Realistic Replicas of Firearms, Starter pistols.
- Axes and hatchets, Cattle Prods, Crowbars, Hammers, Drills (including cordless portables power drills), Saws (including cordless portable power saws), Screwdrivers (except those in eyeglass repair kits), Tools (including but not limited to wrenches and pliers), Wrenches and Pliers.
- Martial Arts/Self Defense Items.
- Billy Clubs, Black Jacks, Brass Knuckles, Kubatons, Mace/Pepper Spray, Martial Arts.
- Weapons, Night Sticks, Nunchakus, Martial Arts/Self Defense Items, Stun Guns/Shocking Devices, Throwing Stars.
- Items that can not be carried in Hand/Checked In baggage.
- Explosive Materials: such as Flare Guns, Gun Lighters and Gun Powder, Explosive material. Blasting caps, Dynamite, Fireworks, Flares (in any form), Hand Grenades, Plastic Explosives and Realistic Replicas of Explosives.
- Compressed gases: such as (deeply refrigerated, flammable, non-flammable and poisonous) Such as Butane, Oxygen, Liquid nitrogen and Aqualung cylinders. (deeply refrigerated, flammable, non-flammable and poisonous).
- Flammable Items: such as Aerosol (any except for personal care or toiletries in limited quantities), Fuels (including cooking fuels and any flammable liquid fuel), Gasoline, Gas Torches, Lighter Fluid, Strike anywhere matches, Turpentine and Paint Thinner, Realistic Replicas of Incendiaries.
- Oxidizing materials: such as bleaching powder, peroxides.
- Poisonous and infectious substances: such as insecticides, weed-killers and live virus materials.
- Radio-active materials.
- Corrosives: such as acids, alkalis, mercury, wet cell batteries (except those in wheelchairs), oven or drain cleaners.
- Other dangerous articles: such as magnetized, offensive or irritating materials.
- Briefcases and attaché cases with installed alarm devices.
Certain other items such as the following may be carried only with advance approval according to policies of Libyan Wings , interlining carriers and local regulations.
Battery-powered wheelchairs with spill-able/non-spill-able batteries, dry ice, portable medical electronic devices etc.
We aim to ensure that your baggage reaches its destination safe and on your booked flight. If, somehow, there is baggage which is not received, please contact Libyan Wings personnel in the arrival hall.
A report will be filed and a copy will be given with a reference number, which can be used to follow up on action.
Luggage is designed to protect its contents. In the course of normal handling, your luggage will acquire evidence of use such as, minor cuts, scratches, dents or soil. We trust you understand that we are not responsible for this type of damage or any of the following:
- Broken feet/wheels or handles.
- Damage to over packed/oversized bags.
- Damage to pull handles Items of a fragile or perishable nature.
- Lost pull handles.
- Manufacturer/s defects.
- For baggage, which is damaged/pilfered while under our handling, please contact Libyan Wings personnel in the arrival hall to report.
Special needs & assistance
We offer a number of services for customers who may be in need of special assistance. If you require special assistance,we recommend you keep in mind the following:
- Make your reservation as early as possible to allow us to serve your needs better.
- Any requirement for assistance/special needs must be conveyed at least 48 hours prior to travel by contacting our Customer Service Centre on Customerservices@libyanwings.ly. However, we advise you to convey this information as early as possible.
- Let our ground staff and cabin crew know of your requests upon check-in or at the departure gate.
- Check-in at least 2 hours prior to your scheduled departure to ensure a seamless flight experience.
- All fit to fly certificates must be issued by treating physicians in accordance with specific cases and must be approved by the company Doctor.
- Customers who are not self-reliant (capable of taking care of all their physical needs independently in-flight) are required to travel with a ticketed companion for assistance.
- If you are unable to find the relevant information below, please get in touch with our Customer Service Centre on firstname.lastname@example.org who will be more than happy to address your queries.
Prior to booking or traveling with us, it is important that you inform your treating gynecologist of your travel plans and seek medical guidance.
For uncomplicated single pregnancies, we restrict expectant mothers from traveling beyond their 36th week of pregnancy. Expectant mothers wishing to travel between their 29th and 36th week of pregnancy must carry a medical certificate issued by her treating gynaecologist/obstetrician confirming the number of weeks of pregnancy, expected date of delivery, absence of complications (past or present) and fitness to fly.
For uncomplicated multiples pregnancies, we restrict expectant mothers from traveling beyond their 32nd week of pregnancy. Expectant mothers wishing to travel between their 29th and 32nd week of pregnancy must carry a medical certificate issued by her treating gynaecologist/obstetrician confirming the number of weeks of pregnancy, expected date of delivery, absence of complications (past or present) and fitness to fly.
For complicated single or multiple pregnancies, we restrict expectant mothers from traveling beyond their 32nd week of pregnancy. Expectant mothers wishing to travel between their 29th and 32nd week, must be accompanied by at least one qualified doctor (minimum MBBS) and must have received medical (MEDA) clearance from Libyan Wings´ medical department.
Following delivery without complications, mothers are permitted to fly 48 hours after delivery. If you wish to travel between 48 hours up to the 7th day following normal delivery, you must obtain a fit to fly certificate from your treating obstetrician. After 7 days following normal delivery and in the absence of any complications, you can fly without any restrictions.
Following a caesarean/complicated delivery, you are permitted to fly one week after delivery, provided you have been issued a fit to fly certificate by your treating obstetrician.
Infants are classified as children between the age of 7 days and 2 years on date of travel. Proof of age is required, so please carry the infant’s valid ID for inspection at the airport on date of travel.
Infants under the age of 7 days will only be permitted on the flight following medical authorization from Libyan Wings Customer Service Centre.
Children aged between 5-12 years can travel alone as unaccompanied minors on-board Libyan Wings flights. Parents/guardians have to ensure that all Unaccompanied Minor (UM) customers are carrying the correct photo identification, which is mandatory for travel.
We provide a dedicated service which ensures that your children will be looked after for the whole journey. During the trip your children will be escorted by airline staff through all the airport processes and seated in the aircraft where our cabin crew will keep a watchful eye on them. Your children will then be handed over at the destination to the authorized individual specified in the UM form. A certain fee will be charged for each unaccompanied minor.
Customers aged between 13-18 years are regarded as young customers and may travel if parents/guardians choose to waive the UM handling of the child by signing the ?UM Assistance and Handling Waiver Form?. If you wish your child to be treated as an unaccompanied minor, then this can be arranged for.
Please note that a young customer cannot be held responsible for a 5-12 year old child who will be treated as an UM.
Please get in touch with our Customer Service Centre on Customerservices@libyanwings.ly should you wish to enquire about any other special assistance requirement pertaining to unaccompanied minors.
Should you require one, we will provide a wheelchair during your journey with us. However, as there are a limited number of wheelchairs allowed on board, request for wheelchair must be made at the time of booking. This will enable us to provide the best possible service for your needs.
We will also carry your personal wheelchairs on board without any extra charges. However, as relevant airport operators/handling agencies may levy extra charges, we advise you to clarify with the airport of embarkation and disembarkation prior to traveling.
Please note that if you are traveling with your own wheelchair, only manual/collapsible wheelchairs and wheelchairs powered by non-spillable batteries (terminal disconnected, insulated and sealed) are permitted on-board Libyan Wings flights. Wheelchairs with a wet cell battery can only be accepted as checked-in baggage.
Should you have any further questions about our wheelchair service please contact our Customer Service Centre on email@example.com.
Passengers with visual impairment:
We accept seeing-eye dogs in every cabin class on our aircraft. To assist us to serve you better, we request visually impaired customers who will be traveling with a guide dog to inform our Customer Service Centre firstname.lastname@example.org at the time of booking.
If you are traveling with a guide dog please ensure that:
- The dog must be properly trained.
- The dog must be adequately harnessed.
- A muzzle is available for the dog, if required.
- The dog does not occupy a seat.
- A moisture absorbent mat is placed on the cabin floor underneath the dog at all times.
Passengers with hearing impairment:
For hearing impaired customers we offer a meet and assist service at departure and upon arrival if required. If you require this or any other assistance within the airport, please identify your needs at check-in or at the time of booking by contacting our Customer Service Centre on email@example.com
If you are planning to travel with Libyan Wings and require any of the below mentioned special assistance, please ensure you contact our Customer Service Centre on firstname.lastname@example.org to make your booking so that we are able to provide you the best possible service.
Customers who are diagnosed epileptics, and if 24 hours have passed since their last epileptic fit, will be able to travel aboard Libyan Wings flights. This is on the condition that they are carrying their medication with them in their cabin baggage and are carrying a fit to fly certificate, which has been issued within 48 hours prior to departure.
If you have suffered from an epileptic fit/convulsion during the 24 hours preceding departure, you will not be accepted for travel on a Libyan Wings flight.
Customers who have a diagnosed psychiatric illness are required to provide a fit to fly certificate issued within 48 hours of scheduled departure time. If the customer has suffered from any psychiatric conditions which required hospitalization or sedative medical treatment within the last 14 days prior to travel, then MEDA clearance will be required.
We request customers suffering from epilepsy/mental disorders to carry extra amounts of medicine to cover unexpected situations and advise them to avoid alcohol consumption prior to flying, ensure they are properly rested and avoid sleep loss, fatigue and exhaustion.
We also offer a meet and assist service to facilitate your journey. If you require any assistance within the airport, we request you to identify your need(s) at the time of booking via our Customer Service Centre on email@example.com.
We provide special handling for customers who, due to their physical or mental condition, can only travel on a stretcher fitted in the aircraft.
We accept carriage of stretcher on all domestic flights. However, carriage of customer on a stretcher aboard a Libyan Wings flight is subject to prior approval, availability and payment of the applicable fees/fares.
Bookings of stretcher carriage can only be made through the Libyan Wings Customer Service Centre. Customers may contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about the process and restrictions associated with such travel.
Pets will be only carried in the cargo hold (Note: Service animals accompanying a disabled customer do not fall under this category). Your cat/dog must be at least 8 weeks of age in order to be carried aboard a Libyan Wings flight and cannot be pregnant at the time of travel.
Please note that we do not hold any liability in case of injury or death.
Please contact our Customer Service Centre on email@example.com for any further information including the list of breeds which are not accepted aboard our flights and formalities associated with carrying pets aboard our flights.